The Kobo Writing Life team put together this list of 22 books for Pride 2022, featuring titles by transgender and non-binary authors across a variety of genres! Many of these books are out now, but several are forthcoming, meaning it’s easier than ever continue to celebrate trans and non-binary narratives beyond the month of June. Pick up your top picks now and pre-order the rest to enjoy later this year!
- Chef’s Kiss by TJ Alexander
- Light From Uncommon Stars by Ryka Aoki
- Like a Boy but Not a Boy: Navigating Life, Mental Health, and Parenthood Outside the Gender Binary by andrea bennett
- Nevada by Imogen Binnie
- Personal Attention Roleplay by H. Felix Chau Bradley
- Moonflower by Kacen Callender
- Care Of: Letters, Connections, and Cures by Ivan Coyote
- You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi
- Dead Collections by Isaac Fellman
- Belly of the Beast: The Politics of Anti-Fatness as Anti-Blackness by Da’Shaun L. Harrison
- The Bruising of Qilwa by Naseem Jamnia
- At Certain Points We Touch by Lauren John Joseph
- Café Con Lychee by Emery Lee
- The Black Trans Prayer Book by J Mase III and Dane Figueroa Edidi
- Tripping Arcadia by Kit Mayquist
- The Companion by EE Ottoman
- She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan
- Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters
- Mirrored in Evergreen by B. Pigeon
- Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas
- The Lesbiana’s Guide to Catholic School by Sonora Reyes
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
You left out mystery/thriller authors of which there are three who are openly trans.
Myself with nine published thrillers, Renee James with four, and Robyn Gigl with two.
Thank you for the author recommendations!
I was disappointed that none of your Jinx Ballou books were on the list.