New York Times bestselling author Skye Warren joins us on the podcast this week. Skye has been an indie author for almost a decade, and she tells us how her writing process and marketing strategy has changed throughout her career. Skye is also the founder of the Romance Authors Mastermind and she tells us how RAM came to be and why RAM is so different from other author conferences.
- Skye talks about the beginnings of her writing career as a traditional author, why she decided to go indie, and why that continues to be the right choice for her business
- She tells us about Romance Author Mastermind and why she decided to start her own writing conference, she explains what RAM strives to achieve, and she tells us which guest speakers have stood out to her over the years
- Skye discusses her marketing strategy and how it has changed throughout her career, why authors should be aware of all of their marketing options, and she explains why Facebook ads were such a gamechanger for her business
- She talks about staying creative during a global health crisis and how she uses her writing to work through difficult emotions
- Skye tells us about her writing process and explains why she tackles each project a bit differently
- She talks about the evolution of her author brand throughout her career, why the freedom of indie publishing allows authors to better find their brand, and why one breakout series has dictated the look of her covers
Follow Skye on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Romance Author Mastermind
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Book Bonanza 2022
Skye Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of dangerous romance. Her books have sold over one million copies. She makes her home in Texas with her loving family, sweet dogs, and evil cat.