Bestselling mother-daughter author duo, PC Cast and Kristin Cast, join us on the podcast this week. PC and Kristin tell us how they got their start writing and what prompted them to start working together, what their co-writing process looks like and how their individual writing practices differ, and they discuss the evolution of YA as a genre and where they see publishing going next.
- Both PC and Kristin tell us about their writing careers so far, what prompted them to pursue writing, and how they started writing together
- They break down their co-writing process, how they move from concept to outline to finished product, and they explain why open lines of communication are essential when writing with someone else
- Kristin tells us about her writing routine, how keeping a schedule helps her maintain a work-life balance, and what tools she likes to use while writing; PC also describes her writing routine, which varies greatly from Kristin’s, and she explains how it changes based on where she is in her WIP
- Kristin and PC describe their different approaches to social media, how it can be used as a storytelling medium, and how they balance personal and professional on their feeds
- As experienced YA authors, they tell us how the genre has evolved and continues to do so, how they tackle tough subject such as sex, drugs, and violence in their books, and why YA publishing tends to always have its finger on the pulse of the publishing zeitgeist
- Kristin and PC give us their predictions for the future of publishing and let us know what we can expect from them next
PC’s Facebook and Twitter
Kristin’s Instagram and Twitter
House of Night
Sisters of Salem
The Key to Fear
Instagram Live with House of Night Producer, David Cormican
Hilary Clinton Fight Song Video
#1 NYT & #1 USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR
PC was born in the Midwest, and, after her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a member of the Oklahoma Writers Hall of Fame. Her novels have been awarded the prestigious: Oklahoma Book Award, YALSA Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers, Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award, Booksellers’ Best, and many, many more. Ms. Cast is an experienced teacher and talented speaker who lives in Oregon near her fabulous daughter, her adorable pack of dogs, her crazy Maine Coon, and a bunch of horses.
Kristin Cast is a #1 New York Times and #1 USA Today bestselling author who teams with her mother to write the wildly successful HOUSE OF NIGHT series. She has editorial credits, a thriving t-shirt line, and a passion for all things paranormal. When away from her writing desk, Kristin loves going on adventures with her friends, family, and significant other, playing with her dogs (Grace Kelly and Hobbs the Tiny Dragon), and is obsessed with her baby.