Bestselling author Susan Stoker joins us on the podcast this week to discuss how she creates her romance series from creating the initial layout on an Excel spreadsheet to deciding which marketing strategies to use when launching a new series or bringing a new audience to an older one. Susan also talks to us about translating her series for a non-English audience and how she’s managed to sustain such a successful writing career.
- Susan tells us about her start in publishing, how she learned about the indie publishing business, and why she loves being an indie author
- She explains her method to getting readers hooked on a series, how she keeps her characters organized when writing a multiple series at once, and how she successfully incorporate fun easter eggs into her books without detracting from the story at hand
- Susan talks about her marketing strategies and why she tends to puts the most emphasis on getting the first book on any series into the hands of new readers
- She tells us how she stays interested in writing a series as well as her secrets for having such a long and successful career
- Susan has released forty-five non-English titles and gives us some tips on translations including how to find a good translator, what kind of changes you should consider when releasing your work to a new market, and why you should translate an entire series start to finish
- Susan tells us what her favourite things are about being an indie author, what books she likes to reread, and what readers can expect from her next!
Badge of Honor Series
SEAL of Protection
SEAL Team Hawaii
Delta Team Two
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Texas where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, and Indiana. She’s married to a retired Army man who now gets to follow her around the country.
She debuted her first series in 2014 and quickly followed that up with the SEAL of Protection Series, which solidified her love of writing and creating stories readers can get lost in.