Bestselling author Nick Thacker joins us on the podcast this week to discuss utilizing street team marketing to grow your readership. Nick explains how to use your mailing list to find beta readers, get honest feedback about your work, and learn more about your target audience and what they’re looking for in their next read.
- Nick tells us how he got started in publishing, and why he believes his naivety about the publishing world helped him finish his first novel
- He breaks down the differences between mysteries and thrillers, which tropes are important to each genre, and why you can market both genres to a similar audience
- Nick explains what he’s learned about marketing throughout his time in the publishing industry, and he explains how a cover alone doesn’t necessarily sell books, but it can hurt your book sales
- He discusses how to use your readers as part of your marketing strategy, how to go about assembling your own street team, and how this group of readers can provide important feedback and keep you in touch with what your audience is looking for
- Nick tells us about his first traditional publishing deal, and what it’s been like letting go of the control that indie publishing has allowed him
- Nick gives some great advice on how to level up as an established author, and he gives us his predictions for the future of publishing including how AI will play an important role
Nick Thacker is a USA Today Bestselling Author of action-adventure thrillers, and coaches authors on marketing and platforms. He is also the man behind Sonata & Scribe, the first and only music studio producing “soundtracks” for books, and he helps authors discover the next step to take in their author careers.