Kobo’s Global Audiobook Merchandiser Elyse Daniels is on the podcast this week discussing all things audio. Elyse tells us the ins and outs of selling audiobooks on Kobo, including what genres do especially well as audiobooks, how she curates audiobook promotions and emails, what types of promotions are the most successful for audiobooks, and she gives some great tips for how to competitively price your audiobook for Kobo’s market.
- Elyse tells us about her career path at Kobo, starting at KWL and moving into audio, and what her job as an audiobook merchandiser entails
- She explains how audiobook promotion emails work, how she selects audiobooks to be in promotions and emails, and she explains the importance of a good, eye catching cover that compliments the corresponding eBook
- Elyse breaks down audiobook pricing on Kobo and some factors you should consider when pricing your own audiobook, including subscription services, price promotions, and why you shouldn’t under-valuing your work
- She discusses audiobook trends, which genres do especially well in audio, and what interesting new features she seeing emerge in audiobooks
- Elyse tells us what kind of audiobook promotions have done especially well on Kobo so far, and she invites KWL authors to join in on audiobook promotions!
To be considered for audiobook promotions, send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about your audiobooks!
Kobo’s Audiobook Month Promotion
Bossy Pants by Tina Few
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
The Black Prism
The Stormlight Archives
Romance is a Bonus Book
Younger (and to answer Joni’s question, Sutton Foster is 45)
Elyse Daniels is the Global Audiobook Merchandiser at Rakuten Kobo. She loves all things sports, fantasy & romances books, and her puppy Lincoln. Mostly her puppy Lincoln.