Tawdra Kandle, a USA Today bestselling romance author, writes across multiple genres using just as many pen names. She tells us why she decided to utilize pen names, how these names came about, and how they’ve proven to be incredibly useful marketing tools.
- Tawdra describes her publishing journey and how she figured out that going completely indie was the right choice for her.
- With over 80 titles to her name, Tawdra explains her tactics for keeping her robust backlist fresh, and how she manages to maintain a work-life balance as such a prolific author
- She discusses why she made the choice to write under multiple pen names, how she manages her four writing personas, and how she utilizes these different pen names to segment and market to her readers
- Tawdra is the programming chair for NINC and she gives us a behind the scenes look at what it’s like picking content and panelists for one of the biggest author conferences (metadata is so hot right now)
- She shares her hopes and dreams for the future of indie publishing, as well as her more realistic predictions of what the industry will look like in five to ten years
Links of Interest
An Open Dialogue Podcast
Keeping Score Football Romances
Making the Score Football Romances
The Anti-Cinderella Chronicles
Love in a Small Town Series
The Cuffing Season
Tawdra Kandle is a USA Today bestselling romance author.
She loves unlikely pairings, strong women, sexy guys, hot love scenes and just enough conflict to make it interesting. Her books include YA paranormal romance, NA paranormal and contemporary romance, and adult contemporary and para-mystery romance. She lives in central Florida with a husband, kids, sweet pup and too many cats. And yeah, she rocks purple hair.
informative, I enjoyed her truth about the future in the industry of independent publishers