USA Today bestselling author Darcy Burke sits down with Steph and Tara to discuss the importance of having a writing group, what writing retreats are really like, and how to keep your backlist fresh to attract new readers.
- Darcy tells us about her experience in both indie and traditional publishing and explores the pros and cons of both
- She discusses different types of writers retreats, building her writing community and why she thinks it’s so important for indie writers to have one
- Darcy explains different marketing techniques you can use to keep your backlist fresh and attract new readers to your work
- She shares which social media platform she likes the best, how she utilizes it to interact with her readers and how these interactions can help her make educated marketing decisions
- Darcy emphasizes the importance of publishing wide and exploring the numerous different opportunities there are for authors to get their work into the hands of readers
Links of Interest
Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, emotional historical and contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily ever after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations. A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her guitar-strumming husband, their two hilarious kids who seem to have inherited the writing gene, two Bengal cats and a third cat named after a fruit.