New York Times Bestselling romance author Jennifer Probst discusses her experience in publishing and how she found her success in an evolving industry. Jennifer tells us she loves writing romance, and gives us the secret to writing a great sex scene.
- Jennifer tells us about her publishing history and why she believes it’s important to get your books to readers in every which way possible
- She lets us in on her writing practice, why she tends to build her books around her characters, and she dishes out some advice on how being kind to yourself and writing every day can help you find your writing voice
- Jennifer discusses how taking her writing seriously as a career has helped her writing business, and how her marketing strategy has evolved throughout her career
- She explains the key to writing a great, believable sex scene your readers will get invested in, and why all authors should try their hand at writing a sex scene at least once
- Jennifer predicts where the publishing industry is headed over the next five years, and why it’s important for writers to keep challenging themselves
Links of Interest
Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She took a short hiatus to get married, get pregnant, buy a house, get pregnant again, pursue a Master’s degree in English literature, and rescue two shelter dogs. Now she is writing again. She is the New York Times, USA TODAY, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of sexy and erotic contemporary romance.