Vanessa Vale, USA Today bestselling author of sexy romance novels, discusses publishing in a niche genre and how she strives for brand recognition through her author name rather than a singular book. Vanessa talks about her strategy for going wide, her rigorous release schedule, and the process of creating translations.
- Vanessa discusses why she decided to go the “indie route” rather than traditional publishing, and the challenges she has faced with market saturation as indie publishing gains popularity
- She explains her writing process, why (and how) she publishes a book every six weeks, and how she manages to maintain a life/work balance
- Vanessa explains the benefits of publishing her books across several platforms, and her decision to start focusing on translations and the foreign publishing market. She also discusses how she found her team of translators and foreign language editors, and how she manages her team
- Vanessa talks about the importance of having a complete author brand, finding a specific niche or sub-niche to write into, and writing to your market
- She tells us about what marketing tools and promotions she uses most and how to utilize box sets to promote your series
Links of Interest
Vanessa’s Newest Series, The Wild Mountain Men
Vanessa Vale is the USA Today bestselling author of sexy romance novels, including her popular Bridgewater historical series and hot contemporary romances. With over one million books sold, Vanessa writes about unapologetic bad boys who don’t just fall in love, they fall hard. Her books are available worldwide in multiple languages in e-book, print, audio and even as an online game.