David Mark Brown speaks to Kobo Writing Life about Fiction Vortex and StoryVerse™, which allows authors to collaborate and make narrative content in shared worlds. Listen in to find out:
- How David got his start in publishing, despite missing the “gold rush” of the early days.
- What Fiction Vortex actually is, and how it came to be.
- What David means by “Pirate Publishing”, and why he values reader engagement over conversion.
- How he and his “pirate” author community are fighting against abuse of data and fraudulent bookselling practices to share the stories they want to tell.
- All about the 2020 StoryShop Summit!
Are you interested in attending the StoryShop Summit? Use code S32020KWL to get $250 off your ticket!
Links of interest
David has published non-fiction as well as novels, shorts and novellas within the DMB universe. Feel free to google, poke, fan or like him, but do it fast before he’s disappeared by the FBI. (After that all inquires must be sent through the Dept. of Homeland Security.)