In this episode, we pulled Kobo’s very own Michelle Kaatz from her desk to tell you all about Kobo Originals and give her sizzling hot takes on audiobooks and the future of reading!
Michelle talked to us about:
- How she got started in the audiobook industry, and how she’s seen the industry change over the past few years.
- The reasons why authors should consider audio versions of their books, and the many benefits of reaching audio listeners.
- The qualities which make a great audiobook, and what authors should consider before recording an audiobook
- When an author should consider narrating their own book
- How she believes the audiobook industry will adapt over the next few years
- And lot’s more!
Michelle Kaatz is the Director of Original Content at Rakuten Kobo. She was previously the Director of Acquisitions & Productions at Novel Audio, and was part of the founding team of Author’s Republic, an indie audiobook distribution service. She got started in the industry at Audiobooks.com in 2013.