Dale Mayer, USA Today bestselling author, gives advice to listeners on how to develop a long and successful career in indie publishing. She also explains how dictating her books helped her become one of KWL’s most prolific authors.
- Dale talks about how she got her start in self publishing first by entering a contest and later deciding to publish on her own without an agent.
- Dale discusses the misconception that publishing a book will make you an overnight success when in fact it is years of hard work that makes an author a successful.
- She talks to us about incorporating dictation into her writing after getting sore fingers and how learning to use this new format allowed her to write 9000 words in an hour.
- Dale tells listeners the most important lesson she has learned is that you can’t imitate another person’s success.
- Dale dishes the tea on a new way of plagiarism that is plaguing authors and readers.
- She also talks about how she ensures “a great read each and every time”.
Recorders Mentioned: https://www.getolympus.com/ca/en/audio/digital-recorders.html
Ethan by Dale Mayer: https://www.kobo.com/ebook/ethan-31
Interested in her Vampire series?https://www.kobo.com/ebook/vampire-in-denial
More books by Dale:https://www.kobo.com/search?query=dale+mayer
Dale Mayer is a USA Today bestselling author who writes for the young, the old and those in-between – no matter what the age. Some of her books are hot, some are sweet. Some will keep you up at night with a light on to keep the boogie man away and some you’ll want to cuddle close.
She’s long given up on trying to fit a specific genre. Instead she honors the stories that come to her – and some of them are crazy, break all the rules and cross multiple genres!
And that’s okay too.
There is one guarantee with each book – it will be a great read – each and every time.
Very informative, I have my own style but I will try to use dictation to compose a work on a project in the near future