In this episode, Chrissy chats to Ricci Wolman the founder and CEO of Written Word Media. Ricci talks about why she created Written Word Media, the services she offers authors and she tells listeners about her newest site, Reading Stacks.
In this episode, Chrissy chats to Ricci Wolman, founder and CEO of Written Word Media. Ricci talks about why she created Written Word Media, the services she offers authors and she tells listeners about her newest site, Reading Stacks. Ricci discusses the different types of information they are able to gather from their readers and how authors can use this information for promotional opportunities. She also reflects on the marketing changes that have occurred in 2018. Tune in to this episode to learn more about:
- How to use Freebooksy and Bargainbooksy to reach more readers. As Ricci explains, they try to keep things streamlined to make securing a spot as painless and time-efficient as possible. Written Word has close to 1M readers across their sites.
- Ad stacking as a marketing technique to increase your reach.
- Their latest site, Reading Stacks, which focuses on the growing importance of audiobooks and makes recommendations for the best books to use your subscription credits on. Check it out at https://readingstacks.com/
- The ever-growing importance of investing in advertising if you want to grow your book sales. As competition grows, the cost of advertising is growing, and Ricci predicts this will continue. She recommends having a diversified marketing strategy.
- We’d highly recommend checking out WWM’s author blog, where they deliver tons of valuable information. Read their latest post, “Top Ten Publishing Trends Every Author Needs to Know in 2019,” for a stellar summary of industry updates.
If you enjoy this podcast, we would really appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave us a rating and review, or sharing your favourite episode with a friend or on social. Thanks as ever for listening! Looking forward to another great year of sharing insights and inspiration for growing your self-publishing business.Best practices for book marketing via @WrittenWordM @kobowritinglife 1-Professional cover design 2-Match your cover to your genre 3-Build reviews before you advertise 4-Plan! Set price drops, measure performance. #amwriting Click To Tweet
Ricci Wolman is founder and CEO of Written Word Media. Ricci has over 10 years of experience building online audiences using data-driven customer acquisition techniques. She holds an MBA from Harvard University.