In this week’s episode, Chrissy sits down with Australian author Sasha Cottman. Sasha talks to us about her first-year being independently published, how she is able to balance paying her bills and having fun writing, and where she looks for inspiration and knowledge about indie publishing.
In this week’s episode, Chrissy sits down with Australian author Sasha Cottman. Sasha talks to us about her first-year being independently published, how she is able to balance paying her bills and having fun writing, and where she looks for inspiration and knowledge about indie publishing. She also talks to us about where she finds inspiration for her historical romance novels and where Australia fits in the indie publishing landscape.
- Sasha discusses her journey to self-publishing and how she learned to not compare herself against other authors but rather benchmark herself against them.
- She talks about how she picked 6 authors across genres to watch their career strategies giving her ideas for her own career goals.
- Sasha discusses how she balances writing and working full-time. Her tip:
- “You have to work out your goals of what you would like to do and what is actually achievable.”
- Sasha talks about covers and the importance of having a great cover to sell yourself along with a great backlist of titles.
- And more!
Check out Sasha’s latest release:
Links of Interest:
Chris Fox’s Write Faster Write Smarter series: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/search?query=Write%20Faster%2C%20Write%20Smarter&fcsearchfield=Series&seriesId=775ddc95-6ddb-525a-be79-99c5e7b353a3
Born in England, but raised in Australia, Sasha has a love for both countries. Having her heart in two places has created a love for travel, which at last count was to over 55 countries. A travel guide is always on her pile of new books to read.
Before accidentally enrolling in a course for romance writers a number of years ago, she had always had a love of history.
Her first published novel, Letter from a Rake was a finalist for the 2014 Romantic Book of the Year. Sasha lives with her husband, daughter and a cat who demands a starring role in the next book. She is always seeking new hiding spots for her secret chocolate stash.
Sasha’s novels are set around the Regency period in England, Scotland and France. Her books are centered on the themes of love, honour and family.