In this week’s episode we bring you not one but two interviews! First, Rene d’Entremont, the director of PR here at Kobo, sits down with New York Times Best-selling author Lauren Weisberger. Rene asks her all about her new book When Life Gives You Lululemons and discusses her writing process.
Secondly, Stephanie sits down with aspiring author Mackenzie Belcastro. Mackenzie tells listeners how she stays motivated as she learns her writing style, how she connects with other aspiring writers and how she manages to write full-time without having a 9 to 5 job.
- Lauren discusses the inspiration behind her latest release When Life Gives Your Lululemons and why she needed to write more about Emily Charlton.
- Lauren talks about her writing process and how she creates her witty quips in her writing.
- Mackenzie talks about how she was able to find her own writing community online and where she turns to for inspiration.
- Mackenzie passes on her tips on how to write fulltime while traveling around the world with no expenses.
- Mackenzie discuses resources where she is able to learn more about the publishing world and what her hopes are for her writing career.
Check our Lauren’s Latest Release:
When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Links of Interest:
Excellent Sheep by William Deresiewicz
Just Kids by Patti Smith
Blue Nights by Joan Didion
The Years by Ammie Ernaux
Lauren Weisberger is the New York Times bestselling author of When Life Gives You Lululemons, The Singles Game, and The Devil Wears Prada, which was published in forty languages and made into a major motion picture starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. It was announced in 2017 that musician Elton John and Paul Rudnick will adapt The Devil Wears Prada for the stage. Weisberger’s four other novels, Everyone Worth Knowing, Chasing Harry Winston, Last Night at Chateau Marmont, and Revenge Wears Prada, were all top-ten New York Times bestsellers. Her books have sold more than thirteen million copies worldwide. A graduate of Cornell University, she lives in Connecticut with her husband and two children. Visit LaurenWeisberger.com to learn more.
Mackenzie Belcastro is a writer of fiction and poetry, and a reader of philosophy and psychology. She also blogs on the writing process, the creative journey, and lifestyle design. For more from her visit https://mackenziebelcastro.com, or @mackbelcastro on all platforms.