In this episode Chrissy interviews award-winning and bestselling author, Kevin Tumlinson. Kevin talks to us about overcoming the stigma of self-publishing and how marketing sophistication and budgets have increased over the last ten years. He gives listeners his top tips for aspiring and established authors. Kevin also chats to us about his own podcast the Wordslinger Podcast and how he started working with Draft2Digital.
- Kevin talks to us about overcoming the stigma associated with self-publishing when he first started in 2008.
- He discusses how marketing sophistication and budgets have increased in the last 10 years as tools have opened up to self-published authors.
- Kevin discusses the marketing strategies that work for him, specifically how he simplified his marketing to focus on nurturing his mailing list.
- He talks about the many resources available to authors who can study the success of authors they want to emulate.
- Kevin discusses his own podcast the Wordslinger Podcast and how he came to be the Director of Marketing at Draft2Digital.
- And more!
Links of Interest:
Wordslinger Podcast: https://www.kevintumlinson.com/podcast/
Kevin Tumlinson is an award-winning and bestselling thriller author, with books available in hundreds of countries worldwide. With a long-standing career in film, television, radio, and podcasting, Kevin is a seasoned world traveler, and has produced documentary programming and films ranging from historic aviation to military history. His debut thriller novel, The Coelho Medallion, was a 2016 Shelf Notable Indie award winner.
Kevin’s popular show, the Wordslinger Podcast, is downloaded each week by thousands of listeners, eager to learn from guests that include New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling authors, Fortune 500 professionals, and industry leaders and entrepreneurs of all types. He is known as the Voice of Indie Publishing—a title he’s proud to hold—and he has helped thousands of will-be and new authors build and grow their self-publishing careers.