In this episode, Chrissy and Stephanie chat with #1 New York Times best-selling author, Lauren Blakely. Lauren talks about her tips and tricks for marketing, her philosophy on writing and why it is important to be authentic on social media. She also examines a mistake she believes to have made with her publishing schedule in the last year. Lauren also gives listeners some great recommendations for readers curious about the romance genre.
- Lauren discusses how she got her start in writing and why she decided to try self-publishing.
- Lauren talks about marketing and the difference in marketing a specific title compared to marketing an author brand.
- We learn about Lauren’s author mentors and who she turns to for writing and business advice.
- Lauren talks about the important of being yourself on social media and why authenticity is the key to success when representing yourself online.
- Lauren reflects on a publishing mistake she made this year in regard to her publishing schedule.
- And more!
Links of Interest
Check out Lauren’s books! https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/search?query=Lauren%20Blakely&fcsearchfield=Author
Check out Lauren’s videos, puppet shows included! https://www.facebook.com/pg/LaurenBlakelyBooks/videos/?ref=page_internal
Tangled by Emma Chase
Priest by Sierra Simone
Big Rock by Lauren Blakeley
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
A #1 New York Times Bestselling author, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that’s hot, sweet and sexy. She lives in California with her family and has plotted entire novels while walking her dogs.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LaurenBlakelyBooks/