In this episode, Stephanie McGrath interviews popular YouTuber Ariel Bissett. Ariel gives listeners a behind-the-scenes look into the life of a BookTuber and the community behind it. She offers advice on getting your book into the hands of YouTubers, tips for aspiring vloggers and podcasters, and also gives us the low-down on YouTube sponsorships.
- What exactly is a BookTuber? Ariel explains what a BookTuber does and sheds light on the welcoming community that is the BookTubing world.
- Ariel offers dos and don’ts for authors trying to get their books into hands of YouTubers.
- Ariel discusses sponsorship and how she decides which types of sponsors are right for her channel.
- Ariel offers her tips and tricks to aspiring vloggers and podcasters out there.
- Ariel gives listeners a hint on what to expect from her channel next.
- And much more!
Links of Interest
- I Paint My Reality by Christina Burrus
- All We Shall Know by Donal Ryan
Emma Roberts Belletrist: https://belletrist.com/
Jean Bookish Thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/user/BookishThoughts
Alice Oseman: https://www.youtube.com/user/aliceoseman
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/radio-silence-3
Little Spider 9: https://www.youtube.com/user/littlespider9
Ariel Bissett is a 22-year-old Canadian writer, poet, and zine maker. Her YouTube channel has over 100k subscribers and is a place where she tries to encourage everyone to pick up a book. Ariel has a Bachelor of Arts Honours from the University of Guelph and is currently pursuing a Master of Arts from the University of Ottawa.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArielBissett