Join Chrissy Munroe as she interviews best-selling science-fiction author, Kevin J Anderson. KJA gives listeners a peek into his life as he juggles writing, editing, and running his own publishing company, Wordfire Press. All while working towards completing his Master’s degree.
- KJA talks about venturing into eBooks by deciding to publish his backlist titles and how it naturally progressed into creating his publishing company, Wordfire Press.
- KJA discusses how everyone is forging their own path in publishing and how open authors are to sharing their experiences and tips to help other authors succeed.
- Chrissy and Kevin reflect on how simultaneously easy and hard, it is to be an author publishing today.
- He discusses print publishing and how it is not necessarily a good thing to have a print copy of your title in a bookstore.
- KJA’s top three tips for maintaining a successful publishing career:
- Accept that things are going to change and adapt, “I’ve regenerated my career so many times I feel like the Doctor!”
- Don’t quit your day job since publishing is so uncertain and you don’t know if your books will stop selling next year.
- Have fun! Publishing is so uncertain so write what you want to write. Do the genres, characters and series that really inspire you since writing and publishing is a lot of work.
- KJA discusses publishing widely and that as a publisher it is necessary since you never want to deny a reader the ability to read a book on the device of their choosing.
- And more!
Kevin J. Anderson has published more than 140 books, 56 of which have been national or international bestsellers. He has written numerous novels in the Star Wars, X-Files, and Dune universes, as well as unique steampunk fantasy novels Clockwork Angels and Clockwork Lives, written with legendary rock drummer Neil Peart, based on the concept album by the band Rush. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series, the Terra Incognita fantasy trilogy, the Saga of Shadows trilogy, and his humorous horror series featuring Dan Shamble, Zombie PI. He has edited numerous anthologies, written comics and games, and the lyrics to two rock CDs. Anderson and his wife Rebecca Moesta are the publishers of WordFire Press.
Superstars Writing Seminars: http://superstarswriting.com/
Certificate of Publishing course: http://kjablog.com/im-a-professor-certificate-in-publishing/