In this episode, co-host Stephanie McGrath interviews USA Today Bestselling and RITA-award-winning author Sarina Bowen. We ask her about running a successful publishing business, collaborating with other authors and important lessons she’s learned about craft through the years. We are also joined by two Sarina fans, Laura Granger and Cristina Mendes, as we discuss Sarina’s post on the KWL blog “Romance Writers Don’t Need Your Love—They’re Too Busy Making Bank”. We also learn more about her latest release Brooklynaire.
- Sarina discusses her publishing journey and how she overcame her first publishing setback that often happens to many first-time authors.
- How she considers writing to be a business and how in today’s writing climate an author needs to be able to do it all.
- Should you traditionally publish or self-publish? Sarina offers her advice when deciding the best way to get your books into the hands of readers.
- She discusses how her collaborative projects came about and the ways she decides which writers to team up with on future writing projects.
- She talks about her article and how media disregards romance readers while simultaneously showing love for other genres.
- She also talks about her latest release Brooklynaire and gives a sneaky hint on what readers can look forward to in the next book in her True North series.
- And more!
Books Mentioned in the Episode
The Understatement of the Year https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/the-understatement-of-the-year
Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/him-11
Temporary by Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/temporary-2
Man Hands by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/man-hands
Steadfast by Sarina Bowen https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/steadfast-7
Breakaway by Avon Gale https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/breakaway-56
Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/brooklynaire
Links of Interest
Blunderwoman Productions https://www.blunderwomanproductions.com/
Sarina Bowen is a USA Today bestselling and Rita Award winning author of contemporary romance. She lives in Vermont’s Green Mountains with her family, six chickens and too much ski gear and hockey equipment. She holds a BA in economics from Yale University.