You may have noticed that Kobo Writing Life is now offering Author Services. One of the services that we’re excited to be involved in is with PW Select.
Every month, Publishers Weekly and BookLife, its website for indie authors, publish PW Select, a supplement dedicated to covering the self-publishing industry that features interviews with authors, book announcements and listings, news, features, analysis, book reviews, and more.
PW Select is a great way to help your book stand out in a crowded market. When you sign up to participate in PW Select, you’ll be reaching Publishers Weekly’s readership of book and film agents, booksellers, editors, distributors, librarians, book reviewers, and national and international media–just the kind of people who can take a book and make it a bestseller. We’ve helped launch a few writing careers already. Maybe you’re next.
HOW DOES PW SELECT WORK?
When you register, your book receives an announcement listing in PW Select–which is bound into issues of Publishers Weekly and appears online at publishersweekly.com. Every announcement listing includes bibliographic, marketing, and editorial information about your book–so you can promote it to booksellers, publishers, agents, and industry insiders.
In addition your book will receive promotion on:
– the home page of PublishersWeekly.com
– the home page of BookLife.com
– BookLife’s weekly email newsletter to 10,000 recipients
– BookLife’s Twitter and Facebook channels
Plus you receive:
– a six month digital subscription to Publishers Weekly
– a one year digital subscription to Publishers Weekly’s PW Select monthly supplement
– a listing of your book in Publishers Weekly‘s special announcements database powered by Edelweiss which reaches tens of thousands of booksellers, librarians and reviewers
– a free copy of the Publishers Weekly print issue in which your listing appears
PUBLISHERS WEEKLY REVIEW
Additionally, through BookLife, you can submit your book for review consideration in Publishers Weekly (this is a separate submission available when you create your BookLife profile).
TO GET STARTED, CREATE YOUR BOOKLIFE PROFILE AND USE YOUR KOBO PROMO CODE
Create your account on BookLife.com by clicking on the “Register” button in the upper-right corner of this screen. Once you’ve finished uploading your book’s information, you’ll see a “Submit Project for PW Select” button. From there just follow the simple instructions. And be sure to enter your special Kobo discount code in the “Promo Code” field so you can receive your special Kobo pricing.