Camille Mofidi, European Manager for Kobo Writing Life interviewed three authors that Kobo sponsored for the 2013 Frankfurt Book Fair Author Walk of Fame: Emily Bold, Kristie Cook and Hugh Howey.
This is the first of the series of three interviews and features bestselling romance author Emily Bold.
- Writing and reading historical romance
- Young Adult series THE CURSED set in Scotland
- How Emily started off as a writer and then as a publisher
- The role that Emily’s husband plays in supporting her entrepreneurial efforts, including making book trailers
- A look at the German market for self-publishing and indie publishing and how the publishing landscape has begun to shift
- How two years ago at Frankfurt, Emily was shy to use the term “author” to describe herself; and how now she is there providing advice to other authors
- The differing timelines of waiting within traditional publishing
- How Emily found a translator to get her books from German to English
- Emily is working with Tina Folsom’s editor, and how self-publish authors from around the globe assist and support one another
- How Emily’s Spanish agent is working at the process of selling foreign language rights to her work
This episode also includes the audio of a presentation that Kobo’s Chief Content Officer Michael Tamblyn gave at Futurebook Conference November 2013 regarding this past October’s “Eroticagate”
Check out The Curse series.