Kobo Writing Life Podcast – Episode 001 with Steve Vernon
Kobo Writing Life Director Mark Lefebvre interviews author Steve Vernon, a writer and storyteller of both written and spoken words and they discuss the following:
- Aspects of writing a serialized story (Steve’s Flash Virus Series), elements of humour in a thriller/horror story and the perspective of being able to laugh at life.
- Steve’s first published story in the mid 1980’s in a magazine that featured “Busoms, beards and big bellied bikers.”
- Embracing both traditional publishing and self-publishing as a hybrid author and how that syncs beautifully with how Steve really “isn’t a writer, just a windbag who likes to spin yarns”
- The importance of being able to adapt and continue to learn as a writer
- A few of Steve’s titles: Sinking Deeper, Maritime Murder, Tatterdemon Omnibus
- Steve’s favourite advice for writers
- Some book recommendations from Steve (The Scorpion Races & The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater)
Also included in this episode are Mark’s “Three P’s of Self-Publishing Success” as well as a listener question regarding ensuring your Goodreads reviews appear on Kobo.
Steve’s Blog “Yours in Storytelling”
Download Episode One of Steve’s Flash Virus series (FREE)
Steve’s Flash Virus Series