This past January, Kobo and Curtis Brown Creative partnered to bring you the Jeffrey Archer Short Story Challenge. We invited submissions of 100-word stories to our contest with a grand prize of free enrolment in a Curtis Brown Creative online novel-writing course.
The entries came in – almost a thousand of them – and our Kobo panel of judges narrowed the field (with great difficulty) down to twenty semi-finalists. Jeffrey Archer will look at those twenty semi-finalists and choose the top three, to be announced at the upcoming London Book Fair on April 15th. Those three will then go on to compete for the grand prize, the winner determined by Curtis Brown Creative.
The finalists will be announced on April 15th, but you can check out all twenty semi-finalist stories (plus three honourable mentions) and their authors right now, with the free Jeffrey Archer Short Story Challenge Collection.
Included in the eBook are:
- Beautiful cover image by cover designer Scarlett Rugers (author of our recent guest blog post on cover design)
- Introductions by both Anna Davis, Director of Curtis Brown Creative and Mark Lefebvre, Director of Self-Publishing and Author Relations
- Jeffrey Archer’s short story “Unique” – the short story that started it all!
- The twenty semi-finalist stories and short bios of the authors
- Three honourable mention stories and short bios of the authors
And let us know in comments which are your favourites!